Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Stampin' Up Card Challenge

Last week, I shared that my friend Amanda had challenged me to make a card from this Stampin' Up kit:



I'm always up for a challenge, so I jumped in.  Upon careful inspection of the elements, I realized that there were only a few ways they could go together.  The red polka dot paper was cut as an envelope liner.  The diagonal striped paper fit vertically onto the turquoise card base. The white sentiment card (which is hidden in the above picture) also fit vertically onto the base. The piece of baker's twine was not long enough to wrap around the card, so it was obviously intended to thread the button.

I used the baker's twine to thread the button, but wasn't happy with how it looked.  So I cheated a bit.  I swapped out the small 4-hole red button for a slightly larger 2-hole button and ditched the green & white baker's twine in favor of green embroidery floss.  I gathered my other supplies: a Fiskars Christmas sentiment stamp set, some silver ink, silver embossing powder, and some teensy rhinestones. 

 
Here's my finished card:



 Curious how the card was actually intended to look?  Yeah, me too.  You can see the kit contents and a completed card here.  What a fun challenge!  Thanks, Amanda!

7 comments:

  1. This turned out AMAZING!! I am loving how you added the green!! Totally pops on there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your version!! You are certainly welcome and thanks again for the ice cream and for taking on the challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version!! I had to go see the other version too. They're both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Really love the twine action.
    P/s: You cheated! *gasps* lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Love how it came out!! :) I like these non-traditional colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on this. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete