Troop 482's Scoutmaster, Mr. Hassler, has gone missing! It's up to YOU to determine who among the six pairs of Scouts were the last to see him, what item you will need to rescue him, and where he can be found. Only the sharpest Scouts will decode all of the clues and successfully find Mr. Hassler before the next troop meeting.
The mystery starts and ends at Rockville Bible Church, 720 Link Road, Fairfield, CA. The Satellite View, Map View, and Street View will all help you to solve the clues. Pay careful attention, as the clues will help you eliminate the Scout pairs, essential items, and Scout locations below until only one is left in each category. Good luck!
The last pair of Scouts to see Mr. Hassler:
- SPL Hunter and ASPL Trevor
- Epic PL Robert and APL Mason
- Crazy 8's PL Rourke and APL Logan
- Poison Oak PL Ryan and APL Daniel
- Quartermaster Mason and Historian Connor
- Chaplain's Aide Jude and Bugler Miles
The location where Mr. Hassler is:
- Rockville Bible Church (where Troop 482 meets)
- Moose Lodge (home of our charter organization)
- Cenarios Pizza (where the Patrol Leaders' Council meets)
- Rockville Hills Park (a favorite local spot for a hike)
- Community United Methodist Church (where Roundtable meetings are held)
- In-N-Out (a favorite stop for Scouts on outings)
Item that is crucial to rescue Mr. Hassler:
- first aid kit
- trail food
- rain gear
- water bottle
- Examine the front parking lot of Rockville Bible Church. Count the number of handicap parking signs in the lot. If it is an even number, eliminate the rain gear. If it is an odd number, eliminate the trail food.
- Walk NW along Link Road until you reach a speed limit sign. Add the two digits of the speed limit together, then use the Scout Law to determine which principle falls in that position. If it is Cheerful, eliminate Rockville Hills Park. If it is Obedient, eliminate the Moose Lodge.
- Continue walking until you reach the first stop sign. Cross the street twice so that you end up on the SW corner of the intersection. Continue walking on the south side of Link Road until you reach the Dog Waste Station. If the sign shows one person walking a dog, eliminate Hunter and Trevor. If it shows two people walking a dog, eliminate Jude and Miles.
- Walk a short distance until you reach a creek. If this creek is named for someone whose first name begins with A-M, eliminate the pocketknife. If it is named for someone whose first name starts with N-Z, eliminate the first aid kit.
- Turn left onto the path on the east bank of the creek. Walk until you reach Cordelia Road. Follow the sidewalk to find the sign for Bridgeport Ranch Luxury Apartments. Add the last four digits of the phone number together, then take that sum and add its digits together to get a single digit. If that number is less than 6, eliminate Community United Methodist Church. If it is 6 or higher, eliminate Rockville Bible Church.
- Continue walking in the direction of the Leasing Office. Along the way, look for three numbers: the speed limit along this section of the road, the number of the Historic Route, and the street address of Bridgeport Ranch Apartments. Identify which digit appears in only one of the signs. What word is in that position in the Boy Scout Slogan? If it is TURN, eliminate Rourke and Logan. If it is DAILY, eliminate Ryan and Daniel.
- Continue along Pittman Road, then cross the street at Redwood Meadows Lane. Count the number of fire hydrants between here and the intersection of Pittman Road and Link Road. If there is just one fire hydrant, eliminate Mason and Connor. If there are two or more fire hydrants, eliminate Robert and Mason.
- Turn right to walk along Link Road. Continue until you reach East Meadows Lane. If the street sign is on the SE corner of the intersection, eliminate Community United Methodist Church. If it is on the SW corner of the intersection, eliminate the Moose Lodge.
- Continue walking along Link Road until you reach the creek. Cross the street, then walk along the path on the west bank of the creek. As you walk, look across the creek at the exercise equipment. If it is painted a primary color, eliminate the water bottle. If it is a secondary color, eliminate the sunscreen.
- Continue along the path until you reach the bridge at Lookout Road. Head west to reach the restaurant with a yellow and green logo. Find the single letter-number combination above the doorway to this restaurant. If it is A2, eliminate In-N-Out. If it is B3, eliminate Cenario's Pizza.
- Retrace your steps to the bridge. Cross the bridge, turn left and then walk along the path on the east side of the creek until you reach a sports court. If it is a tennis court, eliminate Community United Methodist Church. If it is a basketball court, eliminate Hunter and Trevor.
- Retrace your steps, exiting the path at Dawson Creek Drive. Walk along Dawson Creek Drive, counting the number of courts (cul de sacs) that you pass on your left before reaching Mountain Meadows Drive. If there are 1-2 courts, eliminate the first aid kit. If there are 3 or more, eliminate the rain gear.
- Turn left on Mountain Meadows Drive. Walk until you reach the park on your right. If the twisty slide is green, eliminate Cenario's Pizza. If the twisty slide is blue, eliminate Rourke and Logan.
- Count the number of picnic tables at the park. Use this number to find the word in the Boy Scout Oath that is in that position. If the word is HONOR, eliminate the first aid kit. If it is AMERICAN, eliminate Mason and Connor.
- Continue walking toward Link Road. When you reach the intersection, look back at the sign prohibiting commercial vehicles of a certain weight. If that weight is 0-4 tons, eliminate the Moose Lodge. If it is 5-10 tons, eliminate Rourke and Logan.
The last Scouts to see Mr. Hassler before he went missing were _____________________________.
In order to rescue Mr. Hassler, I need to use the __________________________________________.
Mr. Hassler is located at _____________________________________________________________.
Christie, here, from Urban Adventure Quest. What a fun game you've created. I know your Scout Troop will have a great time, "Finding Mr. Hassler."ReplyDelete
Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete