Each year, the fabulous Laura Kelly hosts a Halloween Popcorn Box Party and this year I'm playing along! The participants received a popcorn box, felt, and other supplies from the sponsors. Our only instruction was to decorate the box for Halloween. I created a clown costume for my popcorn box. It was so much fun!
Be sure to read all the way to the end of my post for a chance to win some fabulous prizes!
Clown Popcorn Box
- World Market popcorn box
- Kunin felt (white, red, blue, yellow)
- Fiskars scissors
- large googly eyes
- large red glitter pom pom
- Martha Stewart craft glue
- Orville Redenbacher popcorn
- Wilton Candy Melts (red, orange, yellow, green, blue)
- parchment paper
- Cut the white felt to size and wrap it around the popcorn box.
- Use the blue felt to make diamonds; glue them to the backs of the googly eyes and then glue them near the top of the box.
- Glue the pom pom directly below the eyes.
- Cut a mouth and cheeks from the red felt and glue them directly below the nose.
- Cut two triangles and a circle from yellow felt. Assemble them to make the clown's bow tie and glue it in place.
- Pop the popcorn. Place each color of candy melts in a separate bowl and melt them, following the package instructions. Pour popcorn into the melted coating and stir. Spread the popcorn onto parchment paper to dry.
- Fill the popcorn box with popcorn. When you reach the top, arrange the colors so that blue is on the outside, then green, then yellow, then orange, then red.
I LOVE this!! It is so cute, and the rainbow popcorn really makes it fun!ReplyDelete
This is soooooooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
I don't really like clowns but yours turned out pretty cute! LOVE the happy rainbow colours!ReplyDelete
My husband would love this...he's the clown person. Can you make a Cat? or a Pig?ReplyDelete
I made two after the clown and neither is a cat or a pig. Nor, surprisingly, a rabbit!Delete