Here's what Deb sent to me:
As you can see, it is indeed very random! This was truly her leftovers- no convenient matching product, coordinated sets, or embellishments in threes. Equally hard for me was the amount of pink. I almost never use pink!
Deb had a simple rule for me to follow. I was not to add any of my own paper (besides white cardstock), ribbon, stamps, or other supplies. I could alter her supplies with ink, paint, or pens.
Card 1: I decided to start with the "29... and holding" sticker. I cut the number paper to make a background, then added two of the punched rectangles to make a cake. I cut a candle and flame from two of the other punched pieces. I inked the edges- that ink was the only thing I used that wasn't from the box.
Card 2: I cut a background from the school-themed paper, then cut the "You Did It!" sentiment from the scraps. I used red ink and Stickles to color the light pink ribbon (which actually matches the sentiment in real life). I mounted the sentiment on the reverse side of one of the printed flowers. The ink and Stickles were the only supplies not from Deb's box.
Card 3: I used the remainder of the number paper and the hot pink ribbon to start this card. I cut the number 5 and the candle from the pink piece of patterned paper, then cut the flame from the same piece of paper I used on Card 1. I mounted the 5 on the back of a punched scalloped oval. I didn't use any of my own supplies except black ink on the edges.
Card 4: I used the remainder of the pink patterned paper to make the background. I cut a strip from the school paper, which I mounted upside down on the card. I added the vellum flower and a rhinestone. Again, all supplies were from Deb except the black ink on the edges.
Tag 1: I started with the remainder of the hot pink ribbon. I used my corner rounder on the orange square, then topped it with two layered flowers. Then I added the orange button in the center. The brown ink for the edges and the corner rounder were the only extra supplies I used.
Tag 3: I cut apart one more of the corner stickers to form leaves, which I placed under the flower. The flower's center is from the same sticker sheet. The red "ribbon" with pink dots is one more sticker from the same sheet. I cut it apart to make the border, then powdered the rest to make the "ribbon" topper. Everything here was from the box- I didn't even ink any edges!
What a fun (yet challenging) experience! Deb- thanks for choosing me!