We made an embossed version of the Great Seal to take home.
Embossed Great Seal
- printed copy of the Great Seal (4" diameter to fit the plates)
- foam plate (we used 6" plates)
- pencil or ballpoint pen
- black paint
- paper towel
1. Cut out the seal so that it fits in the center of the foam plate.
2. Use the pen or pencil to trace over every part of the design. Press hard enough to leave a deep impression, but not so hard that you poke through the plate.
3. Rub a small amount of black paint over the design, then wipe it away. The paint will stay in the embossed area, revealing the design. Add a solid coat of paint around the rim, or leave it plain.
To see other patriotic crafts that are quick and easy to make, check out the May edition of Craft Lightning!