Here are some of the other articles I've read in the past few weeks:
- The Largest Company in Each State by Revenue
- What Every State is Best at - And Worst at
- What Each State Googled More than Any Other
- Top TV Dads in Each State
- The Most Googled "Should I" Question by State
- The Food People Hate in Each State
- Most Iconic Pies from Every State
- 50 States Signature Food
I don't know what it is about these, but I love them. I am particularly enamored with any that have to do with food, particularly if that food is unique to the state. Before we travel, one of the first things I do is find out if there are any local foods that we have to taste in the state we're visiting. You can learn a lot about a place by trying its local cuisine.
When you're headed to a new-to-you location, I highly recommend researching their official state food(s) and any regional favorites. Then seek out those foods. Our family has really enjoyed trying eating local favorites while traveling, like Smith Island Cake in Maryland or burgoo in Kentucky. So many good memories.