It's time for me to look back on my creative resolutions for 2019 and set new goals for 2020. I've been making creative resolutions since 2005, which is six years before I started blogging. My goals have changed a lot as my hobby slowly become my business; when I look back at past resolutions, I am really proud of how far I've come.
So, how did I do in 2019?
First, the resolutions I completed:
- I made 56 layouts in 2019, which is right in line with my goal of 52 for the year.
- I went way above and beyond with creating blog pages! Not only do I have a page of Edible Crafts, but it's one of four completed pages within a category called Fun with Food. I'd originally planned to make a single page of Animal Crafts, but I ended up dividing that into Fish, Birds, Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians, Mammals, and Mythical Creatures. I also made pages for Creative Money Gifts and Name Art.
- I took a hands-on painting class at Creativation (and loved it).
- I hosted multiple crafty get-togethers throughout the year and co-hosted a craft event for my church.
- I did a great job of digging out supplies and tools that had been sitting untouched in the craft room and using them. I lost count of how many I used, but it was way more than three.
- In digging out unused supplies and tools, I found quite a few unfinished crafts. I completed most and tossed a few.
I made good progress on one resolution:
- Of the 50 states, I have at least one craft tutorial for 47 out of 50. (I'm missing Montana, South Carolina, and Virginia.) There are 19 states with only one craft tutorial. So that means I have at least two craft tutorials for 28 states. I see now that my goal was overly ambitious.
- Once again, I did not do anything to improve my photography skills. (I did, however, greatly improve my photoshop skills.)
For 2020, I want to keep the focus of my resolutions on creativity, as opposed to business-related goals. After much thought, these are my creative resolutions for 2020:
Are you making any creative resolutions this year? If so, I'd love to hear what they are!
I'm starting out with Shiny Happy World's #DailyDot2020 Challenge. I've never done a daily challenge, so I'm excited to give it a try. https://www.shinyhappyworld.com/2019/12/daily-dot-creativity-challenge.htmlReplyDelete
Be sure to count me in for the craft parties and classes. I love crafting with you!
Loving the goals for this year!!! Since I lost my craft room to Adam moving back home, this year it is all about minimizing!! Since I now am the proud owner of a scrapbook corner, and have to play Tetris to get anything out to create, I am going to be minimizing my stash this year to take up LESS of the corner, and NOT have to play Tetris to create! LOL!!!ReplyDelete
I love to see your goals for the year and to see what you accomplished the year before! I still haven't decide what my goals will be... I think my goal(s) will be to NOT have goals, LOL! HNY!ReplyDelete