I start to get twitchy when it's been too long since I've done a name art project. I made this one using a cooking magazine.
I started by finding big, colorful images of food. Then I cut them out in the shapes of letters. I originally had a prosciutto letter I, but when I saw the ad with a bottle of soy sauce that was the same size as the other letters I'd already cut, I made the substitution.
Then I cut out a bunch of recipes with white backgrounds and glued them to a piece of cardstock. I had to piece them together to fit, resulting in some recipes that read a lot like Rachel's trifle. That was half the fun. Then I glued my letters over the recipes. Quick, easy, and a great way to use a magazine that had been passed around already and was headed for the recycling bin.