I gave it a try. I chose a star and a circle punch.
I carefully applied the contact paper around the egg. It took awhile. Next, I put the eggs in the dye.
As soon as the color was how I wanted it, I moved the eggs to a paper towel.
I blotted each egg, then started peeling off the contact paper. I probably should have waited until they were completely dry, but I really wanted to see how they'd turn out!
I left the dots on the orange egg white, but I decided to add some color to the stars.
I love the way they turned out! Here's the completed orange egg. You can see the star egg in the background.
The dots aren't perfect, as the dye bled a little. I tried to smooth down the stars and circles as best I could, but in retrospect, a bone folder might have made the job easier and provided better results. I can't wait to try again next year!
Very clever! Looks like fun.ReplyDelete
So completely adorable, Cindy. Love the step by step photos :)ReplyDelete