Yarn Star Mobile
- Premier's Gradient Yarn
- flat piece of styrofoam
- star cookie cutter
- glue* (poured in a shallow dish)
- stick or branch
- fishing line
1. Press the cookie cutter into the styrofoam firmly to leave an indentation. Repeat this multiple times to fill the styrofoam.
2. Put one pin in each corner of every star.
3. Cut a 12" piece of yarn. Dip it in the white glue, then squeeze out the excess. Wrap it around the pins as if you were 'drawing' a star with the yarn. Make sure the ends cross. Repeat to make as many stars as you'd like. Leave this to dry overnight.
4. Wrap a foot or so of each color around the branch. I tied a knot at the beginning and end of each shade and just rotated the knots to the back. Cover the entire branch or leave the ends exposed like I did.
5. Gently peel the stiffened stars off the styrofoam. Trim the excess off the ends, then tie each star to a separate piece of yarn that matches its color. You can make each star hang progressively lower....
.... or you can stagger the stars.
6. Tie a piece of fishing line to the ends of the branch and hang your completed mobile.
*The type of glue to use depends on where you want to hang the mobile. For inside use, ordinary white school glue is the cheapest option. If the mobile will hang outdoors, use a product such as Mod Podge's Outdoor formula (affiliate link).
Give Gradient Yarn (or any other yarns by Premier) a try for 10% off through 11/30/16 by using the coupon code ROSIER10.