Remember yesterday's yarn hat ornaments from Yarn Whimsies for the Holidays (affiliate link)? With just a few more steps, you can turn a white hat and a red hat into Santa!
Yarn Santa Ornament
- cardboard tube
- skin-tone paint
- yarn (red and white)
- craft glue
- googly eyes
- filament or thread
How to Make It:
- Cut the cardboard tube into three rings, each approximately 3/4" tall. Set aside two rings. Paint one ring and the rest of the cardboard tube the color you want Santa's skin to be. Set it aside to dry.
- Use one of the unpainted rings to make a red hat ornament, following these directions. Set it aside. Make a white hat ornament with the other unpainted ring, stopping just before pulling all of the yarn through the center of the ring. Instead, pull half of the yarn through the ring and leave the other half where it is.
- Glue googly eyes onto the flesh-colored ring and slide it around the yarn you pulled through the ring.
- Glue Santa's face to his beard. Cut a nose and ears from the extra painted cardboard tube and glue them in place. Cut tiny pieces of white yarn to make eyebrows and a sliver of red yarn to make a mouth.
- Glue down Santa's hair, then give it a trim. Trim the beard also.
- Now he's looking more like Santa.
- Glue the red hat in place, then add filament to hang the ornament. Simple, very inexpensive and cute!