Hello! This is Trevor. My class is doing a school math project. This is the assignment:
"You are planning a birthday party. Your parents have agreed that you may invite four people and will give you $120.00 to buy everything that you need."
For this project, I decided to do what I actually want to do for my 10th birthday. First, I picked a theme, Penguins of Madagascar. I chose the theme because I thought it would be fun. It has a lot of crafts that you can make and the movies are cool.
First, I decided to get these invitations ($0.99).
Next, I chose decorations:
- Balloon ($2.69)
- Streamers ($0.99)
- Tissue Penguin ($9.99)
Next I decided on my menu. I chose:
- Round Table Pizza, one Maui Zaui ($18.99) and one pepperoni ($15.99)
- Strawberries from the farmers market ($6.00)
- Pretzels ($1.99)
- Sprite ($0.99)
- Lemonade (free because my grandma has a lemon tree)
- Popcorn (free from Picnic Day) We'll eat this while we watch Penguins of Madagascar.
- Cupcakes (have ingredients) Everyone gets to decorate their cupcakes with frosting, candy eyes, other candy and Sparkle Gel ($2.99)
- These candles ($1.98) will be on my cupcake.
Next I decided how my table setting will be. I chose:
- Light blue tablecloth ($1.99)
- Black plates ($3.99)
- Black forks ($2.69)
- Black polka dot napkins ($2.17)
- Black cups ($2.99)
These are our party games and activities:
- Piñata (free because we have supplies and we always make our own)
- The piñata will be filled with 60 packs of Pez ($15.90).
- We are going to play 'Pin the Beak On the Penguin!' ($1.00 for poster board)
- We will also play The Present Game. The present will have these Pez dispensers in it ($20.00).
- Everyone will get a party bag to put their things in.
When I added all of those up, I got $116.59. My change is $3.41. That's my math project! I hope you liked it. I'm looking forward to my birthday!