I have well over 100 scraps of paper sitting in a pile on my desk, each with a craft idea sketched on it. Every once in a while, I sort through the scraps and make one of my favorites. This time, I challenged myself to reach into the pile and pull out a random idea and make that. Here is my Wax Paper Window card:
Wax Paper Window Card
- cardstock (white, grey, blue, brown, pink, green)
- craft glue
- wax paper
- silver washi tape
- brown ink
Cut the following items:
- 8.5" x 5.5" from white cardstock (fold in half to make a card base)
- 4.25" x 5.5" from grey cardstock (cut a square from the center to make the window
- 4" x 4" from wax paper
- 4" x 4" from blue cardstock
- 5.5" x 1" from brown cardstock
- a pink flowerpot
- green leaves (ink the edges to give them dimension)
Glue the wax paper to the back side of the window, then glue the blue paper over that. Turn the card right side up and add 5 strips of washi tape to form the grilles and then the rail of the window (yes, I had to look that up).
Cut the ends of the brown cardstock on a diagonal so that it matches the width of the window rail. Glue it in place. Glue the leaves behind the flowerpot, then glue the flowerpot to the window sill. Finally, glue the entire card front to the card base.
You can add any message you'd like. I think this would be nice as a 'Thinking of You' or 'Get Well Soon' card.
That looks amazing!!!! I love the little plant!ReplyDelete
P/s: 100 pieces of scrap with ideas sketched on them? Wow. So organised! Mine are just ideas in my head. lol
CUTE and FUN :)ReplyDelete