For Letter S of The Cursive Project, I made a crayon melt seahorse and Trevor made a paper strip seahorse. We switched techniques for Letter T.
To make a paper strip turtle:
- Cut scraps of green patterned paper into strips and glue them to a cardstock background.
- Draw a half-oval on the back of the cardstock and cut it out.
- Use a solid or subtly-patterned green to make a head and a tail and glue them in place. (Feet are optional. My turtle is resting with his feet tucked in.
- Add a googly eye and draw in a mouth.
To make a crayon-melt sea turtle:
- Draw a sea turtle on watercolor paper using a Sharpie.
- Put the paper on a warming tray and color with crayons. Remove the paper from the warming tray.
- Water down some blue paint and brush it over the turtle. Dab the turtle with a Kleenex to remove any paint.
- Add googly eyes.
It was a lot of fun trying each other's techniques. On to Letter U! Any guesses what we're making? It should be easier to guess than E was!