As I've mentioned many times before, I usually have at least a dozen works-in-progress sitting around the scraproom. Sometimes a layout will sit 99% complete, just waiting for adhesive. Such was the case with this Easter layout.
My absolute least favorite part of scrapping is adhering everything down. I don't adhere as I go- I make sure I love every single part before I glue anything down. This means that I have to carefully take my finished layout apart, add adhesive, and hope everything ends up back in the correct position.
The Easter layout had been sitting there for awhile, just waiting for the adhesive step. I got tired of working around it and decided to just leap in and glue everything down and be done with it. When it was all adhered, I picked it up to scan the completed layout and noticed this:
I forgot to remove the tear-strip before I adhered stuff down. Meaning my 12x12 layout is actually 12.5x12. Which means it won't fit in the page protector. Grrr. Total rookie mistake.
Unfortunately, I had designed close to the edge, so it was not easy to remove 1/2 inch of paper. I ended up cutting 1/4 inch off each side to maintain the common margins, but even that small amount changed the feel of the page a bit. What really frustrates me is that it would have been a really simple fix if I'd noticed before adhering. Here's the finished 12x12 layout:
Inspired by Sarah Webb's "Summer 2012"
Please tell me I'm not the only one who occasionally still does dumb stuff like this!