And your mind immediately goes to this:
Trevor did some volunteer work awhile back and was given a flat of these Snapple Jelly Bellies as a thank-you. I've been saving the empty containers to hold all sorts of small items, like sequins and brads. To make the bunny, I started by removing the label from the container (it peels off easily, leaving a perfectly clear container behind). Then I dumped out the Jelly Bellies from two different Snapple containers, mixed them, and refilled the container with the mix. I gathered my materials: white felt, a pink ink pad, a white pom pom, googly eyes, monofilament, a Sharpie, scissors, and the glue gun.
I started by cutting out outer ears, inner ears, and a nose from white felt. If I had had pink felt at home, I would have used that for the inner ears and nose, but I didn't, so I used pink ink to tint the relevant pieces. Using Trevor's idea from yesterday's craft, I cut pieces of monofilament for the whiskers. I drew the mouth in place, then used hot glue to attach the whiskers, nose, eyes, ears and pom pom tail. Here is a full Snapple container side-by-side with the completed bunny:
Return tomorrow for Day 3 of Bunny Week!